· The purchaser is granted a warranty covering the safe and reliable function of the Hormann garage door for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase.
· The warranty period for replacement parts is 6 months, however, at least the current warranty period.
· The purchaser is given a 5-year guarantee from the date of purchase on the springs, wire cables, track rollers, hinges and guide rollers of garage doors in normal use, whereby normal use constitutes no more than 5 door operations (open/close) per day.
Hormann products are manufactured to the highest quality standards and leave the factory only after rigorous quality testing.
Should you nevertheless have grounds for complaint, please contact your supplier Arridge Garage Doors Ltd so they can forward your claim to Hormann.
· Your name, address and telephone number
· Original invoice with date of purchase
· Product description/door type and product number
· Description of defect
Hormann will then assess your claim. This may require Hormann to inspect the product in-situ. In the event that there is no legitimate warranty claim under the Hormann terms, you may be liable for the costs of the inspection visit. We strongly recommend that you take note of the care and usage instructions displayed on the stickers on the back of your garage door, and that you follow these instructions throughout*.
During the warranty period Hormann undertake to rectify any and all defects to the Hormann product which can be proved to be attributed to a material or manufacturing fault. Hormann pledge at their discretion to either exchange the defective merchandise for faultless merchandise, repair it or allow a reduction in price.
Hormann do not accept costs for dismantling and installation nor for carriage.
Replaced parts become Hormann’s property.
· The coating process applied to the door and chassis is environmentally friendly.
· Minor scratches or marks are not covered under the conditions of Hormann warranty and should be repaired immediately to prevent corrosion and deterioration of the panel.
· Corrosive substances such as acids, alkaline, and salts, etc. should be cleaned from the door immediately; failure to do so will result in deterioration of the finish, which will not be covered under Hormann warranty.
· Should deterioration of the finish start to occur you will need to repaint your door immediately. Prepare the surface lightly with wet and dry. Then treat with solvent based 2 pack epoxy wash primer and a normal commercial paint (cellulose paint must not be used).
· Hormann sectional steel doors are a finished product. They do not require re-painting on site. They are however not immune to damage, which can occur at any stage of the handling of the product from factory to site.
· Minor surface damage can easily be repaired using touch up sprays or sticks without invalidating warranties.