Wessex GRP Side Hinged Sizes. Ordering the correct size door.
All Wessex GRP side hinged garage doors are made to measure in width and height.
All doors come with pre-fitted goalpost fixing frames and are fitted between the brick piers and under the lintel.
Measuring your brickwork opening for a pair of Wessex GRP side hinged garage doors.
- Simply measure the brick to brick width and floor to lintel height accurately at the tightest points.
- Check that the drive is level or falls away from the door. The door leaves must be able to swing out without catching on the drive.
- When measuring a brickwork opening its size can vary depending on exactly where you measure it, so take a number of sizes at different points.
- Ideally you should check how level the floor and lintel are and how plumb the two brick piers are with a spirit level. Allow for any run out. Take the tightest sizes. See our easy to use Self Survey Form.
- Do not allow a fitting tolerance, we will do this. The external frame sizes will be manufactured 10mm narrower and 10mm shorter than you tightest brickwork sizes.
- Simply give us these tight brickwork opening sizes when placing your order.
- The door and frame will be manufactured with the correct tolerances to fit within the sizes you give us.
- On brickwork openings that are not level or out of plumb any uneven gaps between the frame and the brick can be trimmed off afterwards with UPVC. If the gaps are small and uniform a bead of silicone sealant is all that is needed.
Measuring your brickwork opening for a pair of Wessex GRP side hinged doors.
Tightest brick to brick width (measurement 1)
Tightest floor to underside of lintel height (measurement 2)