We will help you throughout the process of choosing your garage door and selecting suitable options to suit your property and budget.
If required we can install your new garage door or a front door to your satisfaction.
Prior to installation of garage doors and front doors.
Garage door must be installed square and plumb to give years of trouble free service. In order to optimise the operation and the appearance of the your new door, your garage opening must be square and plumb. We would like to point out some of the adverse site conditions that could affect performance or appearance of your newly installed garage door. Here are some examples:
• If your garage reveals are not plumb the appearance of your door may be affected.
• If your garage lintel is not level, your door may appear to be off level.
• Our fitters often have to place fixings into the ceiling or walls of your garage and to find solid fixings, they may need to make several holes as they try to locate solid points to fix into.
• All our garage door automation kits come with a plug top ready to be plugged into a 13-amp socket. There must be a 13-amp socket in your garage installed by a qualified electrician prior to door installation. Our fitters cannot perform electrical work that needs to be undertaken by an electrical professional.
• If we are removing an existing old frame, there is no way to guarantee that brick or other masonry work will not be disturbed. Our fitters will carefully remove your old frame, but they cannot be held responsible for damage caused by the removal of the frame, for example loose plaster or masonry.
Before the day of installation.
• For all garage doors and front doors, we generally insist that the door be installed after the floor level is finished. However, if the finished floor to which the door will close to is not installed, you must clearly indicate where the finished floor level will be on the reveals so that we can install the door at the right height and set the limits on the opener, if the door is to be automated. An additional call out charge will be incurred if we have to return to make adjustments to either the door or opener.
• If any of your garage surfaces are being plastered, this work must be carried out before the door can be installed. Plaster in the tracks, guides, other working mechanisms of the door or the door panel itself, will damage the door and void your warranty.
On the day of garage door installation.
There are a few things we need you to do and be aware of to ensure that installation runs smoothly on the day.
• Our fitters will need a clear access to the garage and the garage opening – please ensure cars and other obstructions are moved from in front of and inside the garage. During the installation fitters require a clear working area extending approximately three metres into the garage.
• If your new door to be electric, you must either have a power socket within 600mm of where the control unit is positioned or be able to bring power to the control unit safely. Our fitters cannot wire to a service board or a lighting circuit.
• When fitters are replacing your existing garage door frame that has been sealed to the brickwork, they will endeavour to remove the old sealant, silicone or mastic as best as possible. However sometimes it is impossible to completely remove or indeed fully cover with new silicone sealant. If making good is required to the inside of a new frame, this is generally left for the customer to deal with.
• As part of our service we’ll remove your old door, frame and old fittings from site, saving you the inconvenience and expense of disposing of them. If you want to keep your old door please let us know before the installation day.
On the day of a front door installation.
1. We will require clear access to allow us to install your new front door – please ensure that any nearby free standing furniture and or items hanging from a wall are relocated elsewhere whilst the installation takes place to avoid damage.
Where alarm contacts are fitted to the existing door they should be removed prior to the installation and refitted afterwards by your alarm company.
2. Installation of a front door with a frame.
a) If telephone cables are tacked to the frame these will require removal by others prior to the installation.
b) Carpet or laminate flooring may require cutting/trimming by us.
c) If the existing frame has been sealed to brickwork with a sealant, our fitters will endeavour to remove the old sealant, silicone or mastic as best as possible. However sometimes it is impossible to completely remove or indeed fully cover with new silicone sealant.
d) Unless otherwise stated UPVC trim will be used internally/externally to conceal gaps if too large for silicone sealant to be effective.
e) All internal finishing work such as plaster, paint, flooring etc., to be carried out by third parties arranged by the customer.