Hormann Woodgrain GRP Garage Doors
Sorry, these products are no longer available.
Hormann woodgrain Glass Reinforced Plastic (Fibre Glass) up and over garage doors are available in a selection of realistic wood-effect colours. Gives the appearance of a real timber door. Low maintenance and hard wearing, made in Britain. Hormann GRP woodgrain garage doors give the appearance of real timber with the convenience of plastic. The woodstain colour and grain texture are very realistic. Ideal for coastal and damp conditions where erosion, rotting and warping of conventional wood or steel doors is a constant issue. Standard sizes only. The Hormann GRP door is made using a Hormann steel door chassis with a seamless GRP door skin invisibly bonded to it. The dark brown powdercoated metal edge (10mm wide) to the panel is the only evidence of this method of construction. Available with canopy or retractable gear upto 8ft wide and on retractable gear only from 8ft wide upto 14ft wide. Can come unframed, ready for installation to a 3" x 3" softwood or hardwood timber goalpost frame.
Hormann GRP Woodgrain doors at discounted prices.
Style 2034 Penshurst Cherry Oak Woodgrain
Hormann GRP door panels accurately replicate the grain effect and colour of real timber. This grain detail coupled with a choice of colours, and a large selection of door designs means that every Hormann GRP Woodgrain door is bespoke in a number of ways.
- The detailing in the doors is much higher than can be achieved in pressed steel, and the resemblance in appearance to real wood is quite remarkable.
- GRP is naturally rot resistant and ideal as an outdoor building material. It does not shrink or expand, warp, twist or bow.
- Please see below images of the colours available in Hormann GRP doors.
Hormann GRP woodgrain colour choice.
GRP Countryside Oak woodgrain
Hormann GRP panel is set in a sturdy steel chassis.
Hormann use their tried and tested technique in the manufacture of all their GRP up and over doors. To ensure stability and strength a lightweight door chassis made from galvanised and powder coated steel is used. The GRP door skin is bonded into the steel door chassis guaranteeing high quality-control, lightness, strength and stability.
The counterbalance mechanisms, both canopy and retractable, are manufactured by Hormann who have over 40 years experience in the development and manufacture of the chassis and high quality door gear.
- Highly reputed throughout the industry as the safest, most reliable and easiest door gear to install, fully CE compliant.
- A visible steel perimeter to the door panel is approximately 10mm wide an visible when viewed from the front. This is in dark brown.
The rear face of the Hormann GRP panel is coated in a smooth white flow coat. This adds some strength to the door panel, reduces translucency to light and allows the back of the door to be wipeable.
Hormann Style 2041 Coniston in White supersmooth GRP
Choice of Canopy or Retractable mechanism.
Canopy mechanism description.
- Canopy mechanism has neat vertical tracks only, mounted on the back of the door frame uprights to guide the door rollers up and down.
- It is cable operated, light to open manually and ideal if no ceiling mounted tracks are preferred.
- Available on doors upto and including 8ft (2438mm) wide.
- Approximately 1/3 of the door height protrudes as a canopy when the door is open.
- Not recommended for automation.
Canopy mechanism forms a canopy of 1/3 of the door height when open.
Retractable mechanism description.
- Retractable mechanism consists of horizontal guide rails bracketed off the side walls or ceiling.
- These permanent tracks allow the door to retract fully into the garage, and the door does not form a canopy when fully open.
- Retractable doors are ideal for automation, heavy or rough usage, with retractable gear supplied as standard on all doors over 8ft (2438mm) wide.
- Retractable Plus gear available on doors up to 7’6” (2286mm) wide maximises the entrance width for getting cars into the garage.
Retractable mechanism retracts along the ceiling mounted tracks.
Optional pre-fitted steel frames for easy and quick installation.
Some customers favour a 70mm x 70mm woodstained softwood or hardwood goalpost fixing frame to anchor the door and mechanism to the brickwork opening, as a sympathetically stained frame can compliment the woodgrain finish of the door and make it look even more like real timber. A White or Brown steel fixing frame can be purchased if preferred. All steel frames come pre-fitted to the door with pre-installed counterbalance mechanism on doors up to 10ft (3048mm) wide.
- On doors over 10ft wide (3048mm) frames are supplied as a 3-piece knock down kit for easy assembly on site.
- The popular colours of UPVC Golden Oak and UPVC Rosewood are best matched with Hormann Cherry Oak and Mahogany respectively. Some customers like to cover the front of the steel frames in Golden Oak or Rosewood architrave for an ideal match to the door panel and other doors or windows on the property.
Models of doors to suit your property in manual or electric.
Please ask any questions you have by phoning 01691 670394 or using our easy contact us form. Thank you for studying the details. We look forward to hearing from you.
- With a choice of 8 woodgrain door styles to choose from all traditional and contemporary properties can be complimented by a Hormann GRP woodgrain door.
- All doors come with 2 point rod operated locking; a 4 point rod operated locking upgrade is also available. Please select when self quoting or ordering the model of your choice.
- All Hormann retractable garage doors can be automated by the simple addition of one of our quality automation kits.
- Wide choice of high quality feature handles in polished or brushed stainless steel, silver colour, brown, white or brass. As standard doors are supplied with a black handle.