Cardale garage doors warranty information
- Cardale doors are guaranteed against any form of manufacturing defect for a period of 2 years from the date of original purchase.
- Cardale also guarantee that its garage doors will operate safely and reliably for a period of 10 years from original installation.
- Cardale electric operators are guaranteed against any form of manufacturing defect for a period of 5 years for mechanical elements, motors and transformers and for a period of 2 years for other electronic and radio equipment.
- The Exterior finish is guaranteed for 10 years on Factory Fully Finished Doors: Steel, GRP & ABS Up & Over Doors, Roller Doors & Sectional Doors.
- The Exterior finish is guaranteed for 2 years - Fully Finished Timber Doors and Primed Steel Doors
- The Exterior finish is guaranteed for1 year on Basecoat Timber Doors
Guarantees are subject to the following conditions:
- During the 2 year guarantee period Cardale undertake to repair or replace (at its discretion), and without charge, products or components which have suffered any form of manufacturing defect. Claims must be notified within 3 days from the date of delivery or within a reasonable time after discovery of any defect.
- The warranties shall apply for normal use only - no more than 5 open/close cycles per day.
- The warranties offered attach to the Cardale product only and no consequential damages will apply no matter how caused.
- No liability will be accepted as a result of normal wear and tear, incorrect storage, incorrect handling, faulty installation, incorrect use or wilful damage.
- Any product which is the subject of a claim:
- must have been correctly installed in accordance with the installation instructions and thereafter properly maintained on a regular basis must have the manufacturers reference number still intact (found on the barcode label on the door)
- must not have been modified in any way.
- Claims will not be accepted where the cause is due to:
- impact or mechanical damage suffered during or following installation
- damage or discolouration caused by contact with any form of caustic, abrasive or corrosive substance, fumes, bird droppings, fire, smoke, floodwater, salts, acids, or from exposure to abnormal atmospheric pollution.
- This guarantee excludes normal wear and tear on items such as cones, cables, spindles, lock cylinders, hinges or springs.
- The use of non-Cardale parts shall invalidate this guarantee.
Marking may occur to either side of the a roller door or shutter curtain over time due to the rolling nature of operation. This does not affect the performance of the door and is not part of the guarantee.
- Primed steel doors and basecoat treated timber doors must receive a suitable exterior quality finishing topcoat immediately after installation. This topcoat finish must be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- The guarantee period for electric operators excludes batteries, fuses and light bulbs.
General Advice on Care and Maintenance of Cardale garage doors
Door Cleaning. Periodically clean the door panel using warm water and a soft cloth or sponge. Allow to dry naturally. Never use detergent, abrasive, caustic or solvent based cleaners as they may damage the door surface. Bird droppings should be removed immediately as these can be particularly caustic.
Door Servicing and Maintenance. All doors should be operated and maintained in line with operating and maintenance instructions supplied with every door. Every six months visually inspect all wear items (including cables) for signs of wear. Garage door springs are under extreme tension and should only be repaired or replaced by a suitably qualified engineer.