Garador Warranty On Up And Over Doors
Garador Warranty Period and Conditions of Warranty
A limited warranty covering the safe and reliable function of the Garador garage door for a period of 10 years
* from the date of purchase.
The warranty period for replacement parts is 6 months.
The purchaser is given a 5 year
guarantee from the date of purchase on the springs, wire cables, track rollers, hinges and guide rollers of garage doors in normal use, whereby normal use constitutes no more than 5 door open/close operations per day.
During the warranty period Garador undertake to rectify any and all defects to the Garador product which can be proved to be attributed to a material or manufacturing fault. Garador pledge at their discretion either to exchange the defective merchandise for a faultless one, repair it or allow a reduction in price. Garador do not accept costs for dismantling and installation nor for carriage.
The warranty does not cover damage caused through:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Improper installation.
- Negligent care and maintenance.
- Priming and other surface protection treatments.
- Incorrect or too late applied surface protection treatments.
- Improper initial and subsequent operation.
- Negligent destruction.
- External influences such as fire, water, salts, alkaline or acids.
- Abnormal environmental influences.
- Mechanical damage through improper transport and fitting.
- Repair by non-qualified persons.
- Using non-Garador parts without the approval of the manufacturer.
- Removal of the product number or making it unidentifiable.
* Applicable to doors purchased after July 2003.
How to Maintain your Door
- Immediately after the door is fitted and after every 5,000 operations of the door, or at least once a year, oil all pivot points, check screws and clamped connections for tightness, keep the running tracks clean (do not grease them), check parts and replace any worn components where necessary.
- The springs should be replaced after approx. 25,000 operations by an experienced door fitter (see fitting and operation instructions).
- Do not oil the lock cylinder; if it is sticking, only lubricate with graphite dust.
- For canopy doors only, check the cable every 6 months with normal usage (8 operations per day). Have the cables replaced by an expert if any wear is found.
- The door, and frame if applicable, should be washed with a mild soap-based solution on a regular basis.
- If the door is installed in a seafront location, the door panel and frame should be cleaned in this way at least every two months.
- All other components should be brushed down on a regular basis to prevent the build up of dirt and dust etc.
Corrosive such as acids, alkalines, and salts, etc. should be cleaned from the door immediately; failure to do so will result in deterioration of the finish, which will not be covered under our limited warranty.
Garador steel doors are a finished product. They do not require immediate re-painting on site. They are however not immune to damage, which can occur at any stage of the handling of the product from factory to site. Minor surface damage can easily be repaired using touch up sprays or sticks without invalidating warranties.
How to Make a Claim
To enable your claim under warranty to be processed as quickly as possible, you should provide the following details:
- Your name, address and telephone number.
- Original invoice with date of purchase.
- Product description / door type and product number.
- Description of defect.
An assessment of the claim will then be made. This may require Garador to inspect the product in-situ.
In the event that there is no legitimate warranty claim under the terms specified herein, you may be liable for the costs of the inspection visit.