Our Measuring Guide on Fort Budget Steel Up and Over Garage Door
- All Fort budget steel garage doors can be fitted to a timber goalpost frame. Generally 70mm x 70mm timber is used, but a timber section as small as 55mm x 55mm is large enough.
- Alternatively Fort Budget door can be factory fitted to a steel goalpost fixing frame. The frame legs are 50mm wide and the crossbar is 50mm deep. The exact external frame size is 100mm wider than the stated door width and 50mm taller than the stated door height.
Fitting the door and frame in the opening, between the brick pillars and under the lintel.
If fitting between brickwork and under the lintel the brickwork aperture should be 10mm wider and 5-10mm higher than the overall steel frame size (EXTERNAL frame size).
Fitting Fort door and frame in the opening.
Fitting Fort door and frame on the back of the brick opening.
If fitting the door and frame onto the back of the brickwork opening the finished brickwork aperture should be min 10mm wider and 5-10mm higher than the INTERNAL frame size.
Fort door and frame fitted on the back of the brickwork.
- To see all the standard sizes available and prices on our Fort Budget Range please click this link.
- Made to measure doors available at nominal extra cost.
- Simply send us your sizes and questions by clicking the link and we can advice on the door size required and answer any other questions you may have.